The Math/Science teacher is responsible for delivering the STEM related courses at iLearn Secondary School. The Math/Science teacher is responsible for providing and sustaining an effective learning environment for every student, through the delivery of our set curriculum, relevant assignments, fair and holistic assessment of learning, clear documentation and feedback on student progress, and support of academic success for all students. The Math/Science teacher works under the guidance and supervision of the Principal and the Vice-principal.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Major or minor in Anatomy, Astronomy, Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Computer Science/Programming, Environmental Science, General Science, Geology/Earth Science, Geometry, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Ocean Science, Physical Geography, Physics, Statistics, Technology Education)
- Experience in academic instruction
– Promotes and maintains a positive learning environment
– Delivers course content in a thoughtful way
– Provides students with timely information on their academic progress relative to quizzes, exams, homework, and projects – Reviews progress with students on a regular basis
– Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of all school policies, and adheres to and upholds their implementation and enforcement.
– Actively enforces school policies
– Ensures that time is spent productively by students working on appropriate assignments.
– Evaluates students and provides them specific feedback.
– Safeguards materials, records, and equipment.
– Serves as a professional role model to students.
– Maintains confidentiality when working with students, records, and administrative staff.
– Maintains an attitude of enthusiasm and willingness to cooperate and collaborate.
– Interacts with students and fellow employees in a courteous, professional, and positive manner.
– Treats students with fairness, impartiality, and objectivity.
– Maintains accurate, up-to-date records of student progress, performance, and attendance, using the tools and technology provided by the institution, as required by school policy and procedure.
– Ensures mid-term and final student grades are submitted in accordance with school policy.
– Maintains flexibility in fulfilling the instructional needs of the school.
– Participates in the curriculum development and monitoring process.
– Makes recommendations for additions to, or upgrading of, curriculum, course materials, equipment, and textbooks.
Part-time – 20 hours per week
$21.00 to $25.00 /hour based on experience.
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.00-$25.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- teaching : 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
How to Apply
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].